Terms & Conditions
Please note that the following Terms & Conditions were correct as of January 2017.
They concern some of the specifics of the work RT Clearance provides, and are designed to avoid any confusion over what our services include and exclude. If any clarification is required, please contact our head office.
Please note that these Terms & Conditions can only be changed with the agreement of both the client and RT Clearance, and any changes must be agreed at time of booking.
On confirmation of your booking, the following conditions will apply:
- If a representative of RT Clearance has not been able to carry out an inspection of the property in person prior to clearance, then our estimate is not fixed and could be subject to change, for example should the inventory of items for disposal have been underestimated or not match the description provided by the client. If you have forgotten a few smaller items from your inventory then in all likelihood you will not be charged extra, but please note that this is entirely at the discretion of RT Clearance.
- Unless otherwise specified, please note that our estimates do not include the cost of dismantling items. If you require this service, it should be requested and quoted separately.
- RT Clearance can dispose of paint, creosote, corrosive/noxious liquids, gas canisters or medical waste, but we can only do so with prior notification. Any items that require a specialised disposal must be quoted for separately, and will not be included in a general estimate. Items that would require a specialised disposal might include, but are not limited to: building waste (bagged); fridges and freezers; pianos; car batteries; PC equipment; large electrical equipment, and any items which could be considered hazardous, perhaps due to chemicals, weight or shape.
- RT Clearance vehicle(s) will require parking facilities within 20 metres (65ft) of the main entrance to the property. Should we be unable to park our vehicle within the maximum distance, you may be liable for a surcharge to cover the extra loading time. Parking Charges: Please be aware that unless previously agreed in writing, any parking charges or fine will be the client’s responsibility unless they have been incurred through fault of R&T Clearance.
- It is the client’s responsibility to advise RT Clearance in advance of any known circumstances which could hinder or otherwise adversely affect the clearance work. This applies particularly to safety.
- If the waste is being removed from an apartment or flat above the first floor, of a property, this must be made clear at time of estimate. Any access restrictions through communal areas should also be communicated.
Claims and Charges
- RT Clearance assume full legal ownership and responsibility for all items excluding unlawful or noxious items, once our vehicle leaves the clearance property/site. In the unlikely event that you should wish to make a claim for damages or loss, then these must be received by the company as soon as possible after the clearance as possible.
- Cancellation of jobs with less than 48 hours notice will incur a penalty of 50% of the fee quoted.
- Depending on the size of the job, we may require a deposit on booking.
- Unless you have an account with RT Clearance, or have agreed alternative payment arrangements in advance and in writing, please settle all invoices on the day clearance is completed.
If you are using our Probate Valuation services, please note than in accordance with Section 160 of the Inheritance Tax Act (1984), any estimates of values will be based on an assessment of what those items might fetch on the open market (through auction etc) rather than the retail price.
The above Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a Consumer.